Writing a good Facebook post can be tricky if you haven’t done it for your business before – but it’s an important part of the SEO and digital marketing world today. Not every post gets the same amount of attention. Some certainly call for more attention than others. Luckily, a few tips can help you write a great Facebook post – to help you improve reach and attention.
Be Clear About The Goal For Every Post
For example, on SEO Shark from Sydney, every single Facebook post you intend to publish should have a clear goal. You must think about everything you want from the post. Consider the following:
- Is the post intended to improve user engagement?
- Are you looking to advertise a product or a new feature for your business?
- Do you want people to share the post with their peers?
- Do you just want a discussion in the comment section?
When you demarcate a clear SEO goal for every post, you’ll find it easier to communicate and convey your messages to your target audience. Your post should clearly explain your objective in order to get your audience to perform your desired action.
Make Sure You Engage With Users With An Effective Call To Action
A call to action cannot be emphasised enough. It is a vital part of any Facebook post because it defines the way you interact and engages with your users. A call to action will help you engage with your users in a variety of ways:
- Drives more SEO traffic to your website
- Grows your community with greater interaction
- Showcases the benefits of what you have to offer
- Helps you reach out to more people
When you have clear and interactive communication with your audience, you’ll be in a better position to identify and manage any issues. You can then use this knowledge to drive an effective call to action that brings more success to your business in the long run.
Generate Excitement With An Interactive Post
A Facebook post that is dry information from a business to a consumer is just that – dry. But you can generate excitement by making your Facebook posts as interactive as possible. Consider the following:
- Ask a question related to your products and services to get people to discuss.
- Get users to present their own ideas (related to your offerings) and build interactive discussions around that.
- Get users to engage with images by captioning products and services.
Interactive two-way posts tend to garner more traction than dry one-way posts so get creative if you’re looking to build excitement.
Make The Post Short, Sweet And Simple With Images
No one likes an overly complicated post with too much technical wordings in there. You need to make sure the post is short, sweet and simple because long posts are often skipped. Adding images to the post will make it more attractive because of its enhanced visual appeal. Consider the following:
- Your objectives are easier to convey with a straightforward post
- A short post is usually read, which could help to generate more click-throughs to your website
- A short post tends to resonate and remain in the minds of users – especially with images because pictures draw more attention than text
- Make sure you choose images that are relevant to the post.
Facebook posts are better received when they are short, simple and graphically appealing.
Pay Close Attention To The Content Copy
Your Facebook post copy will determine whether the reader continues reading or skips your post, so you need to make sure it’s written perfectly – with no errors. Consider the following:
- Avoid “click-bait” language – users don’t like getting tricked into clicking something they did not want to look at.
- Use clear, concise and compelling language to create the urge to engage with and share your post.
- Don’t overdo the information – generate enough interest for the user to click through to your website.
- Stick to a common tone and style without varying too much.
The quality of your copy can make all the difference so make sure you don’t take it for granted.
Facebook posts have become important from an SEO and a digital marketing perspective. While not every post will get the same amount of attention, these guidelines will help make sure you do well more often than not.